Comprehensive First Aid
This course comprises 6 hours online learning and 6 hours face-to-face practical skills and assessment. This is a workplace first aid course and covers the important requirements to administer first aid at work. The online segment comprises 24 learning modules and assessments. This is the minimum requirement for high risk workplaces and is recommended for all workplaces including industry, sports, factories, educational centres, home etc.
- Legal requirements
- Assessing the situation and identifying hazards
- Minimising Risk
- Cultural Awareness
- Checking Response and Assessing Condition
- Assessing Sick and Injured Persons
- What to do if the Person is breathing
- What to do if the person is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- CPR in Special Circumstances
- Evaluate the first aid response
- Emergency response and CPR summary
- Respiratory Distress
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Altered conscious states
- Bites and stings Musculoskeletal injuries
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The online training component takes around 6 hours. Once registered, students have access to the course content for 6 months. The practical skills and assessment takes 6 hours and must be completed with 3 months of finishing the online component.
Face to Face training is conducted at Red Cross training centres around New Zealand.
On successful completion of this course participants will be able to book on the face to face component. This will include a range of practical sessions and scenarios which build on the information learned online. An assessment is required before a certificate can be issued.
On successfully completing the online and face to face component you will be awarded a Comprehensive First Aid Certificate valid for 2 years and may request registration of Unit Standards 6402, 6401 (or 26551, 26552) and 6400. (4 credits).
NZD225.00 (NZD) per subscription